Monday 17 May 2010

ME Awareness Week.




I'm no stranger to irony but this really take the biscuit. My ME was epecially bad last week and I spent most of the time in bed with only DVDs of Buffy The Vampire Slayer for company. I'm a wee bit better now but still feeling flimsy and, if I'm being honest, not a little grumpy.


So what did I miss when I was taking it easy? Only ME Awareness Week.

Thankfully the weather is improving and I have plans to sit in the garden,  knitting,  gazing at the tulips glowing in the fresh spring light and occasionally scaring the living daylights out of the little blackbird who has taken to following Archie around while he plants seeds.  That might sound nasty but he will have to be a lot less tame if he's going to survive sharing a garden with Magnus.

By the way - that's my finished sashiko table mat and an interesting knitting project glowing along with the tulips.

9 comments:

the nest said...

Well, those are certainly cheery colors, even if they don't fit your mood/health at the moment. Take care!

Cindy G said...

I had sort of a grumpy shift at work, but now your photos make me feel happy. The colors are so vibrant.

Katherine said...

Damn, I missed it too then! My mum has ME, not as bad as some people she's had to give up work.

Hope you are feeling better, or at least better than you were last week.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you've been feeling under the weather. Hope things get better soon. Scaring the blackbird sounds like it might be cathartic while teaching it how to survive Magnus.

Lyn said...

Well I hope you are feeling better now and well on the mend. The sunshine alays helps I think!
Love
Lyn
xxx

mary jane said...

sorry to hear you've been low. Your photographs sure cheered me up on this rainy day of procrastination! Feel better!

Lucie said...

sending lots of sunshine your way and hope you feel better. Love the stitching...

Hazel Terry said...

Hope you have had wonderful sunny weekend to lift your spirits and help you feel better.
Looking forward to new Sashiko, still have trouble saying it. xxx

Karin said...

Sending hugs!! Sorry you had a bad week...
Your new project looks very promising!!